Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 1...Made it to Moroe, Michgan!




After a pretty much uneventful day of travel, we arrived in Monroe, Michigan around 5:30 pm by their time, 4:30 our time. Monroe is a really pretty town. Our hotel is great, and the girls working at the registration desk were very friendly and helpful. They directed us to a great place for dinner...Michigan Bar & Grill. The food was excellent! MMMMMMMMM...It hit the spot! On the way to dinner we spotted a statue of General Custer. Needless to say, we made a stop and took a good look at this after dinner. There was also a walking bridge across the River Raisin...anyone that knows me very well would know that I didn't much like walking across that bridge...but I did it, and I felt it shake the whole time I was on it! Our next stop was in William Sperling State Park where we got a great look at Lake Erie. And yes...I had to at least get my feet wet!!! It stayed daylight here until after 9:30 so we enjoyed it all the way up till it was too dark to do anymore sightseeing. Today ended up 592 miles.

No comments: